A limited number of travel bursaries and pre-paid accommodation places will be available for those attending EuroGP, EvoCOP, EvoBIO and EvoApplications 2010.
Our intention is to offer assistance to as many people as possible and applications will only be accepted from those who have already registered for the conferences/workshops.
Priority will be given to post-graduate students from organisations whose papers have been accepted for presentation.
Individuals from countries facing real financial hardship or who are travelling transcontinental journeys will also be considered.
Providing support for conference travel and accommodation costs is meant to make it easier for individuals to obtain additional funding from their own institution, or from other sources.
Accommodation has been reserved in Istanbul to assist those who apply for the accommodation bursaries. This consists of three nights bed and breakfast costs paid directly by the organisers.
The accommodation awards are limited to one award per organisation unless individuals are prepared to share in twin accommodation rooms.
Being willing to share accommodation increases the likelihood of being given pre-paid accommodation, but single rooms are also available.
In addition, a limited number of travel bursaries limited to a maximum 500 Euro per person are available, aimed particularly at those travelling long distances.
These are paid retrospectively for travel costs. Used travel tickets, hotel or similar receipts must be submitted after the conferences for reimbursement limited to the 500 EUR maximum award.
If you wish to apply for travel bursary or an accommodation place, please complete the bursary application form which will ask you for the following information:
- Your name, organisation, country, and email details
- Your research area, student level and supervisor's name
- Whether you are presenting work at this event, and if so, for which conference or application event
- Whether you have registered and paid your fees
- Why you should be considered for a travel bursary (briefly, in a sentence or two)
- What level of financial assistance you require (travel or accommodation-only). If accommodation: please specify your preference for single or shared accommodation, and your gender if you are prepared to share a room
- Any other relevant information you wish to make for your application
If you have any queries, please email the EvoStar Conference Coordinator Jennifer Willies at J.Willies(at)napier.ac.uk, and please include "TRAVEL BURSARY QUERY" in your email subject header.
The deadline for applications is 22nd February.
Decisions will be made no later than 1st March and sent to all applicants.